VPN stands for Virtual Private network. As described by Wikipedia,”A VPN is created by establishing a virtual point-to-point connection through the use of dedicated connections, virtual tunneling protocols, or traffic encryption“. Simply put, it’s a tool to change your location and IP while accessing the internet. VPNs essentially forward all your network traffic to an internet connection. If you are someone who values privacy and security, read on about the benefits and why you should get one today!
Features and Benefits of VPN
Let’s discuss some of the basic advantages of VPN.
- Hides your IP.
- No compromise on your security.
- Protects you from hackers.
- It also protects you from trackers.
- You can access public and unsecure networks safely.
- It lets you access blocked sites in your country
All the traffic that passes through VPN is safe and secure and it cannot be tracked and intercepted by any 3rdparty (that’s why we call it as a secure source to access the internet). If you’re surfing the internet through a public or an untrusted network then VPN can come handy in that situation. Many VPNs have a lot of countries and locations to choose from, you can directly access the internet from that specific location.
If you’re thinking that it can save you from malware that’s already in your device then it’s totally not for that purpose, it can only protect you from 3rd party hackers and trackers that can spy on your browsing.
When it comes to privacy, you should never compromise on it!
Well, congratulations because all the VPNs are secure and they do not let anyone else spy your browsing. What do you expect from a qualitative VPN? Of course it is security and privacy!
How to choose the best VPN?
There are so many VPNs around and it’s too difficult for a person to choose the best amongst them. Let’s discuss that how you can select the best one. You should check the following things in a VPN.
- Make sure it’s rich-featured.
- A lot of locations to choose from (As it gives you a lot of advantages to access the internet from different countries and locations!)
- It should be the fastest!
- Privacy and Security, of course!
- Unlimited Bandwidth: So you can surf the internet without any limitations.
- Also choose an Ad-free VPN so the advertisements do not disturb you while you’re browsing.
- Last but not the least, simple one click to connect!
Above mentioned are some of the features you should look in a VPN before choosing it! Not sure where to start? Check out my friends at ExpressVPN, the best service for VPN Novices who want an easy setup experience. Also feel free to check out this post: The Best VPN Services of 2018.
You should always stay secure and protected from any kind of attacks, do yourself a favor and install a VPN! I hope that I’ve answered your question that “what is VPN?” If I answered it and you liked the knowledge I provided then don’t forget to share it with your friends and family!