With leading demand in Salesforce in industries, jobs in this field are in demand. For a leading CRM company, job creation would be 3.3 million jobs by 2022. Salesforce is one of the largest job creators due to its cloud-based technology which is affordable and scalable. Jobs like Salesforce Administrator and Salesforce Developer are in high demand.
Why you need Salesforce Certification?
Companies recruit salesforce certified professionals and to get to your dream job a salesforce certification is worth. There are several reasons for certifications.
- Knowledge: It increases your knowledge level. You need to take up real-time scenarios which are a day-to-day task in any Salesforce organizations.
- Career growth: Companies ask this for senior level positions.
- Credibility: Looks credible while assigning projects. Shows your interest in the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Having certification you can come up with your career path. Have multiple certifications and also get the opportunity to work on the same.
- It good investment which provides exponential returns. It is a reward for your hard work and achievements.
Currently, there are 23 certifications and if you are interested to start with certifications then below are the areas:
- Pardot Expert
- Implementation Expert
Before you choose certification, consider below points.
- Working Hard for Certification:
It takes dedication to get “Certified”. You need to manage time and work hard to acquire the skills. Feel free to join the Salesforce community, they are ready to help and assist. Remember you are not alone on this path. You can learn from their experiences and mistakes. There are paid and free resources to help you to get the next level.
- Investing Money:
Certifications are not free. Average cost is $200 for one certification exam. The certification cost differs accordingly. If you need to rewrite the exam you need to pay the entire amount again. Certification will gain you good experience and knowledge. Better invest in yourself for self-growth.
- Maintaining Knowledge:
Salesforce is always changing and updating knowledge about latest features is a great deal. You need to learn recent updates and even maintain your certification for the same. The maintenance exams are 3 times a year, which are in line with salesforce product release. Testing on upcoming changes and features are done to ensure these are implemented in your organization.
- Choosing the right certification.
Choosing the right certification is key. Check out your expertise and certifications which would give better exposure to your expertise. This will help you in tackling the real-time scenarios asked during your certification exam.
Overview of Certifications:
The exams are set of multiple choice questions with a time limit. You need to score at least 65% to get certification. You can go for certification training which offers a learning path to prepare.
Most taken certification exams are for Administrator, Developer, and Architect. Below are the categories for certifications
- Salesforce Administration: Helps to master administration features, you learn to configure, maintain, implement and manage the salesforce. You need to work on automation, app development, troubleshooting tasks, security, and customizing applications.
- Advance Administrator
- Platform App Builder
- CPQ Specialist
- Salesforce Architect: They are into designing and building salesforce application. Need to have prior knowledge on programming languages, designing and also knowledge on Salesforce platforms.
- Technical Architect
- Application Architect
- System Architect
- Salesforce Developer: They would work on applications which are customized according to organization needs. Should have basic programming knowledge.
- Platform App Builder
- Platform Developer I
- Platform Developer II
- B2C Commerce Developer
- Salesforce Marketer: Expert in communications skills like email marketing, external integration, data management, marketing workflows, etc.
- Marketing cloud Email specialist
- Marketing cloud consultant
- Pardot specialist
- Pardot consultant
- Salesforce Consultant: They need to work with the customer to get requirements, customize the platform and get the most of Salesforce platform.
- Community cloud Consultant
- Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant
- Field Service Lightning Consultant
- Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Nonprofit Cloud Consultant
- Pardot Consultant
- Sales Cloud Consultant
- Service Cloud Consultant
Certifications are important for you to display real-time experience in Salesforce. This shows your seriousness with your work and projects. It helps in career growth special if you looking for senior positions. You need to find the best certification for your experience and expertise. Plan ahead your finances, manage your time and also spend time in the latest updates. Talk to friends on trailblazers on Salesforce platform. Try to get multiple certifications and decide your career path. Maintain the certification and look ahead to your growth along with the growth of your organization. Sharing your success story to inspire others and help them grow.